Thank you so much Laura at Green Goats Travel for nominating me for the Liebster Award. I had no idea what this was until being nominated, but from the looks of it, it seems pretty fun and definitely a great way to meet other aspiring bloggers!
Laura’s questions for me:
Where is the next place you would love to go?
Right now I’m dying to go to Norway. It looks like there is so much adventuring to be had there!
If you could live anywhere in the world where would you live and what type of structure would you live in (apartment, mansion, treehouse, etc.) if money didn’t matter?
Norway again! Can you tell I’m obsessed? I’d absolutely love to have a really chic studio apartment type situation with all my quirky decorations filling up the few rooms. I’d need big windows to look out of too!
Why do you travel?
I travel because I’m too curious for my own good. I feel that I can’t just read about a place, I need to see it and experience it for myself. I love meeting people with stories way cooler than my own and making new friends around the world because then I can go visit them as another excuse to travel!
Do you have any specific traditions you do when you visit somewhere new? (ie. for myself I have to buy a little souvenir for my souvenir shelf at home)
I buy a keychain wherever I go. I have about three rings filled with keychains from my travels at home- certainly too many to keep on my actual keychain with my car keys and whatnot.
What’s your worst hostel/hotel experience?
When I went to China I was traveling for over 24 hours without getting any solid amount of sleep. When I got to the hostel, I was so excited to lay on the bed and pass out so I just let myself fall straight back allowing the bed to catch me. Unfortunately, I did not know that the Chinese generally like for their beds to be rock hard, so I was greeted my a rock hard bed and an ensuing back pain for a few days.
What has been your favourite country or city so far?
Definitely Puerto Rico. I went with my family during my sophomore year in high school and I’m dying to go back because I feel like there’s so much to do that I didn’t get a chance to.
Where are you from?
Clinton, New Jersey. It’s a super small town.
Would you recommend others to visit where you are from?
Absolutely! But only for a day or so. Downtown Clinton is an historic mill town that’s just so quaint. It’s a great place to spend the day shopping, strolling the street, drinking coffee and grabbing lunch.
How long have you been blogging for?
I started my blog in April of this year.
What is the hardest part about traveling for you?
Meeting people you have to say goodbye to. Saying goodbye is my least favorite thing to do, but it’s inevitable when it comes to traveling.
Whats is the longest amount of time you have been away from home? Do you have a “home” or are you a nomad?
I’ve been away from home for a month because of travel, but almost 5 months because of school. I have two homes between my real home and my home in Miami at school. I’d love to be a nomad though- that’s the goal.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you, and include a link to their blog
- Provide answers to the eleven questions from that person
- Give nominations to other bloggers, who have less than 500 Twitter followers
- Ask them eleven new questions
- Let them know about their nominations, so that they can proceed with the award process
- Why do you travel?
- What would be your ideal travel itinerary?
- What was your first memorable travel experience?
- Do you have an I-can’t-believe-that-happened travel story?
- What’s one crazy thing you’d love to do but don’t know if you’ll ever get the courage to?
- What’s the hardest part of traveling?
- Do you think traveling is something you’ll be able to do forever?
- How many countries have you visited?
- Do you have any travel regrets? What are they?
- Who’s the coolest person you’ve met on your travels?
- Where’s your next destination?