The Weekend Recap

I almost didn’t even realize it was Monday because it’s been and will continue to be the weekend since last Thursday. Friday evening we finally made it to Hilton Head and after all small mishap trying to find the timeshare, managed to get settled in. We unpacked the car before jumping back in and heading to the grocery store and liquor store. Much to our dismay, liquor stores on the island close at 7:00 pm, so we were left high and dry for the night. After our errands, we returned home to eat a simple dinner and laze around, all of us being too tired to do anything after the car trip.

I vowed to get back on schedule, and less lazy, Saturday morning, and I did. I woke up early and went on a nice run down to Harbour Town, one of my favorite locations on the island. I survived, but it was hot and felt like 100% humidity, so it was a struggle. When I got back I woke up the rest of my family and we headed down to the bike rental shop to get our bikes for the week. The weather has been strange here, not sunny but not raining, which makes it difficult to decide what to do each day. After securing our bikes, I chose to stay in the room for a while blogging and taking my online class until I got bored and headed to the pool for some quality R&R. We sat poolside for a while and even played a game of P-I-G with the basketball net attached to the pool. After I got bored of the R&R (that usually happens quite quickly), my sister and I hopped on our bikes and rode over to Harbour Town for some ice cream and window shopping. When the day began to die down, we ate a delicious dinner cooked by my mother and headed to bed early once again.

By Sunday all of my family was in town, but the weather was supposed to be rainy so the beach wasn’t happening. To take advantage of the tax-free weekend, my mother, sister and I picked up my cousin from her hotel and headed to the Tanger Outlets on the mainland for a girls shopping day. This took up the majority of the day and honestly made me pretty tired. When we got back we swung by our place to pick up my grandfather and headed over to Grande Ocean, my aunt’s timeshare. There we ate dinner, watched football, and played with my baby cousin before heading down to the hot tubs to relax.

The best part? The weekend isn’t done. Today we woke up for a bike ride only to get caught in a torrential downpour, but we didn’t let that get us down. Now we’re just kicking back in the room, watching the rain (and blogging), and going to dinner at The Old Oyster Factory later. And tomorrow we have reservations to jet ski in the morning. Can I stay here forever?


Lay it on me (please)

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s