Well, for starters, I’m not excited at all. I’m in a beautiful country with wonderful people and excellent weather, so the thought of leaving has been a difficult one for me to handle, not to mention I won’t be seeing my boyfriend again until November. So to try and bear with the thought, I’ve created a list to remind me of the good things back home and hopefully keep me from tears as I depart on Monday.
- Bagels. I love bagels. Spain doesn’t have bagels.
- American food in general. I can’t really handle on the meat I’ve been being offered here. Bring on pasta and veggies and hummus and turkey dogs.
- Air conditioning. My boyfriend’s house is like a sauna, making me sweat as soon as I exit the shower. I won’t miss that.
- My best friends. The entire time I’ve been here I’ve been included in their group text and forced to hear their fun plans every day without me.
- Family vacation. I know, I shouldn’t complain about leaving one trip when I’m going on another in three weeks. It’s complicated.
- School. In high school, I never would have said I’m excited for school, but now I’m way too excited to move into my apartment and see all my friends.
- English. Enough said.
I’ve been sitting in front of the computer for a considerably long time considering I’ve only come up with 7 reasons, which has me convinced there’s no way I’m leaving on Monday without tears. Now, if only I could reschedule my flight for next month and forget about all my responsibilities at home…